[Qgis-community-team] pt-pt translation maintainer

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 13:56:32 EDT 2008

Hi All!

> congratulation! - we welcome you on board :-). I added you as coordinator
> to the wiki DocumentationWritersCorner.

Thanks!

> As you probably have seen Arthur Nanni
> and Christian Ferreira coordinate and translate the portuguese_BR versions.

Yes, I have seen.
I (we) would love work together with the Brazilian team as you probably
know the two languages are almost identical. Recently has been signed by
the two governments a "orthographic agreement" that should unify
dictionary and grammar in the (near?) future, but for now it still make
sense having two different translations.

If it will be possible to coordinate the work between the two teams,
then translating from pt-pt to pt-br and vice-versa will be much quicker
than translating from English.

I guess that Arthur Nanni and Christian Ferreira are subscribers of this
list, so the first contact should be done.

take care

-- Giovanni --