[Qgis-community-team] New Manual Team Lead and Contributors!

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Tue Apr 21 05:32:38 EDT 2009

Hi,

thanks a lot to all of you to volunteer as manual team lead and/or contributor.
We are six people at the moment. I hope we will be some more soon, but this is
already a very good start!

Manual Team Lead will be Carson Farmer and as "normal" contributors volunteered
Anne Ghisla (Italy), Bishwarup Banerjee (India), Werner Macho (Austria), Claudia
A. Engel (California), and Otto Dassau (Germany).

Now - how to proceed:

1) I would like to hold soon a first IRC meeting within the next days, if we can
manage that somehow. I had a look at a timetable and now we need to find a
general meeting time:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=21&month=4&year=2009&pa=37&pa=78&pa=137&pa=1038

I think a general time might be between 1pm and 4pm UTC, if all contributors can
join. This time, because Bishwarup (Pune) is on holidays from 24/04/2009 to
04/05/2009, we could also meet a little later. What do you think?

2) What date is possible? I would like to have a first meeting soon, because
where are already close to the new version 1.1 release. I created a doodle page
for that, please add your names and when you are available:

http://www.doodle.com/fravv474eycf92fw

3) I updated the information in the new QGIS wiki. Please go through the
relevant pages to get an idea about the editing process. If you have questions
just write an email.

http://www.qgis.org/wiki/index.php/Community_Ressources#Manual_and_Manual_Translation

@Claudia, I will create a wiki account for you soon, so you can edit wiki pages
as well.

4) Please subscribe to the QGIS community-team mailing list if not yet done. We
should start to use that ml for our communication now.