[Qgis-community-team] publishing manual

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Mon Apr 18 06:20:33 EDT 2011

Hello,

Le lundi 18 avril 2011 12:12:40, Otto Dassau a écrit :
>[..]
> >
> > I think it should better to wait for the 1.7 other doc depends of the
> > page number. Lulu.com proposes to print document that you can't print by
> > yourself. 10 pages or so are not enought (too much work) but lulu.com
> > won't refuse it except that some configuration need a minimal page
> > number.
>
> Ok, maybe this pushes us a little more to get 1.7 done and printed. What is
> your main reason to wait for 1.7?

I think that if an user buy an 1.6 version of the documentation it will be
outdated very soon. Actually I don't know when the 1.7 version will be release
but I supposed soon (1-2 monthes ?) ;)

> [..]
>
> I am not sure if we should put the price for the manual a little higher.
> People who don't have the money can always download for free or buy the bw
> version and for all others I assume that they don't have a problem to pay a
> little more especially when we make clear in the book that they support the
> project with it. Or is this 5 Euro amount fix and we cannot decide?

Hum I think you can choose your fees but it should be better to get 5 € by
book and sell 200 book rather to get 10 € by book and sell only 100 books.

But this is hard to find the good value! OSGeo-fr sold 20 books with not so
much marketing.

> > > - I tried to find the qgis manual you already printed - right?, but
> > > couldn't find it. Can you send me a link?
> >
> > here is it
> > http://www.lulu.com/browse/search.php?fListingClass=0&fSearch=osgeo
> >
> > There are not direct link to OSGeo-fr shop :(
>
> nice, and even nicer to be able to privide a b/w and a color version. And
> for both versions bw=15 Euro and color=42 Euro you "only" get 5 Euro?
Yep. But Jean-Roc know better than me the real cost.

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin

http://yjacolin.gloobe.org