[Qgis-community-team] User Guide chapter 7 questions.

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Apr 21 03:34:27 EDT 2011

Hi

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Ramon Andinach <custard at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Starting to work through my chapter, and have a few chapter specific questions.
>
> 1. Is the source for QGIS's projection database still EPSG, via Post GIS (section 7.1)?

In 1.7 the CRS db was regenerated using the GDAL gcs.csv and pcs.csv
files (via the gdal utility script epsg_tr.py and the IGNF
(http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3394) crs listing.

> 2. The dialog boxes in the figures have had cosmetic alterations (mostly little images with the tabs). Is it worth updating them?

Yes it will be great to update them if possible.

> 3. There are many references to a projector icon. I saw that particular icon today when I fired up 1.6 for the first time in a while, but none of the 1.7 installs that I have to hand use that icon. Further I can't see the right icon (a grey thing that might be a stylised globe) in the images folder. What's best to do here?

It was updated in 1.7. Once again it will be great to update them if
possible. Actually we really need to come up with a system to automate
taking screenshots. I believe we could probably write a little app to
do it  - and it would mean we can produce localised versions of the
screenshots too.....something for the todo list I guess....

Regards

Tim

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services