[Qgis-community-team] documentation languages

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Dec 10 23:53:42 PST 2012

Il 11/12/2012 08:32, Alexander Bruy ha scritto:

> On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 00:59:48 +0100
> Werner Macho <werner.macho at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So my Question (or plan) is: delete all non maintained languages under
>> 10% (probably raise this level up to 20% or maybe more?) before the next
>> release.
>> I know that a small amount of translation is better than nothing but
>> with 2% AND unmaintained I see no reason to keep it.
>
> I totally agree with this. Keeping unmaintained translations makes
> no sense (well, only one small plus that some phrases already
> translated).
>
> So, for me is ok to remove unmaintained translations when only 20%
> of strings translated. Maybe first again ask translators and give them
> some time for answer, but then remove .ts completely and add new
> language only when translation is above some value and maintained.

Hi all.
Thanks Werner for raising the point. I see a difference between being only partly
translated, and being unmaintained. The first might be OK (say, I translate only the
most difficult/obscure parts, and leave the things that everybody understands), while
the second is quite bad.
I also see a partial translation as an incentive to improve it (I might be more
willing to start translating, if I see my language is already present).
/me unsure.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia