[Qgis-community-team] documentation languages

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Thu Dec 13 01:46:51 PST 2012

Hi Werner,

another server sounds nice - thanks for the offer!

I guess we need to discuss, how we want to proceed and what OSGeo and QGIS
can provide before we start with a distributed infrastructure again. We had
this already on servers from Tim, Gary, OSGeo ... and I remember we wanted
to reduce maintenance as much as possible.

Am Thu, 13 Dec 2012 10:33:59 +0100
schrieb Werner Macho <werner.macho at gmail.com>:

> Hi!
> I'd rather move the building of documentation to another server ..
> As I've written in another post .. we should take everything off of the
> server that could keep the server busy but is not related to direct
> interaction ..
> building the documentation twice a week somewhere else and scp it to the
> correct place should be enough.
> currently we have something like an "all in one" machine .. and it seems
> that the server itself can handle it but for the price of less
> responsiveness to people interacting with it .
>
> A friend of mine asked me a few weeks ago if he can contribute some
> web/serverspace for QGIS .. so if it is useful I can setup a dedicated VM
> for just building all these things.
>
> regards
> Werner
>

> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > people start complaining again, because the server is so busy and slow
> > again. I guess (apart from other services) it also has to do with all the
> > languages that we currently build documentation files for?
> >
> > If so, I would prefere to keep the number of languages smaller and maybe
> > as suggested only list those who are maintained (currently 10?) and
> > encourage all others with some text at a prominent place.
> >
> > Regards
> > Otto
> >
> > Am Tue, 11 Dec 2012 00:48:51 +0100
> > schrieb Richard Duivenvoorde <richard at duif.net>:
> >
> > > Hi List,
> > >
> > > this evening I added all(!) languages (that currently have translations
> > > in the desktop) into the documentation scripts. Thus I found out that
> > > the 'language-changing'-script could not handle the lang codes like:
> > > gr_EL etc. So updated this script also.
> > >
> > > Created/merged and commited for all (50) languages the po files, and
> > > commited to Github. So from now on, I would think that everybody can
> > > start translating ...
> > >
> > > Currently the server is building all 50 languages
> > >
> > > Maybe... we should make a choice ;-)
> > >
> > > - Only if a language has a maintainer (agreed by Werner), it's flag
> > > will show up (you need to make the languages/locale array's smaller in
> > > both the theme/layout.html and the post/pre-translate scripts).
> > >
> > > - now it is alphabetic, we could also order it based on the total
> > > number of translations or so
> > >
> > > Anyway, at this moment all locales are equal ...
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Richard

Geoinformatik Büro Dassau - http://www.gbd-consult.de
FOSSGIS consulting , training , support  and analysis
Ackerstrasse 144c  ,  D - 40233 Düsseldorf  , Germany
Tel: +49-(0)211-47468178 , Mobil: +49-(0)171-4687540

--
Community Advisor - QGIS Project Steering Committee