[Qgis-community-team] qgis document trnslation to arabic

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 05:00:38 PST 2012

On 17/11/12 21:48, hosham munier wrote:
> Dears,
> Hi, I am trying to be useful in this beautiful project, my skills in
> programming is nil
> but I can translate the document very well to Arabic language, and
> this will help
>
> a lot of Arabs those who suffering from English as foreign language.
>

> Can you give me some useful comments or advices.
>

> Best Regards
>
> /*Hosham Munier Galal
> Lecturer
> Faculty of Geoinformatics
> Space Technology Center
> Future University
> Kartoum-Sudan
> Mob.+249912117144*/

Hi!
Good to hear that you will join translations.. What are you going to
work on? Documentation? GU-Interface?
A good starting point would be
http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/GUI_Translation (for GUI)
there is already the file qgis_ar.ts

If you want to start with translations you should probably also
subscribe to the translators mailing list too

thanks for offering your help
kind regards
Werner