[Qgis-community-team] languages for docs

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 01:00:15 PST 2012

Hi Richard!
I already have a list of all current GUI-Translation Maintainers
And there is still the qgis-tr mailinglist with (fortunately) already a lot
of people willing to help in translation - so the communication channel is
already opened.
I also have a more or less standardized mail which I send back whenever I
get a request asking for help in providing translations.

I am still in favour of using the translation email-list for all kind of
translation issues - because probably sometimes a rising problem is also
interesting for all other translators too.

So my suggestion is to keep GUI, Documentation and all other Translators
together .. (qgis-tr list)
To my point of view we are getting more and more people wanting to help
(which is very good) but on the other side the infrastructure for them is
not in place right now.

So maybe we should just ask them to subscribe to the translators list and
make an announcement there once another milestone (possible to translate in
browser for example) is done and ready to be used.

Regarding the flags: I would not add all - (if its easily possible to
change that later) because people seeing their flag are expecting some
translations there and will be disappointed if that is not the case.
I would add just flags where translation really takes place (again - only
if its easily adjustable)

thanks for offering your help - I am sure we will manage it :)

regards
Werner