[Qgis-community-team] web/doc site structure

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 14:00:06 PST 2012

Hi Richard

> I have been trying to create a tree with two stems:
>
> docs
> website
>
> But this broke the poodle stuff (I think). I do not have access to the
> server, so I cannot fix it myself.

It is just a matter of soft-linking the .po files from the Pootle directory.
BTW, I would be +1 to give you access to the server

> So please help or give some input to decide:
>
> - is the division in docs/website nessecary or only bloat (we can easily go
> back to the version without website stuff)

I like the new division

> - should we decide for ONE translation process (eg only poodle, because you
> need the least technical knowledge (as a translator))

I would go for both approach. At least we should test it for a while,
maybe for just a project, and see if there is any drawback.

> - why is the documentation not rebuild every day (crontab is failing?)

I have no idea. I knew Otto had solved it.

best

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net