[Qgis-community-team] git commands

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 10:27:09 PST 2013

Hi guys,
I need to understand once and for all the git commands, so I need your help!
Understand how git work could be a problem for the newbie , so if we can
define a short list of git command, people can work faster.
The translated files are managed directly by the translation leader; so
we translator have to fork and clone his repo and pull and push the
translated files on his manual_en_v1.8 branch.

Resumed in git command:

- fork the translator repo on github
- clone the repo on the computer (git clone git at github.com:............)
- run sh script/pre_translate
- translate the files
- verify the files running sh /script/post_translate
- git add file.po
- git commit -m "......."
- git push origin manual_en_v1.8

Then go on github and make the pull request.

Now, because the files are up to date all the time, what are the command
for synchronizing my work directory with the translator leader?

Regards

Matteo