[Qgis-community-team] line breaks in rst-tables

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri May 10 07:15:50 PDT 2013

Hi Larissa,

I've been playing with it in the 'ReText' editor. In that gui-editor you
have a sort of a direct html preview (I did not try latex)

I was able to insert linebreaks in table cells using pipe symbols (
found it here:
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~creller/web/tricks/reST.html#simple-tables )

============= =========== =========== =================
Menu option   Shortcut    Reference   Toolbar
============= =========== =========== =================
text          text        text        | four
                                       | rows
                                       | of
                                       | text in 1 cell
text          | text in
               | one cell
text
============= =========== =========== =================

BUT NEVER in the first column. I did a of of trials...
(here http://wiki.typo3.org/ReST_Syntax they mention that you cannot
have linebreaks in the first ROW...)

Docs say that if you want more complex tables you should not use
'simple-tables' :-(

So maybe you could either change the order of the columns??

Or create a fake (number like) column in front?

= ============= =========== =========== ===============
n Menu option   Shortcut    Reference   Toolbar
= ============= =========== =========== ===============
1 | text        text        text        text text text
   | text
2               | this and  text
                 | that
3 text
4 text          | blah blah
5               | blah blah
                 | blah
                 | blah blah

I think by now YOU are the rst wizard of our team :-)

Regards,

Richard