[Qgis-community-team] change usage of index

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Sun May 12 02:18:41 PDT 2013

Hi

for the manual we also create an index, which is nice, but can not be used
by linguist for translation at the moment, if we do it this way.

.. index:: WMS, WFS, WCS, CAT, SFS, GML

Instead I would suggest, that for the future (in master) we integrate the
index syntax into the text, so it can be translated as well, like in this
example.

Two interesting :index:`actions` are shown below...

Hope this ok and I would like to ask, if someone would be able to spend some
time and go through the current master document of the user manual and
change all index syntax. Please send an email to the list, so we can
organize it.

btw: I changed this in the documentation_guidelines/README.rst file.