[Qgis-community-team] change usage of index

Diethard Jansen diethard.jansen at gmail.com
Mon May 13 13:27:19 PDT 2013

Hi Otto,

I agree that if those indexes (hidden from translator) include words that
need translation they should be removed from those indexes.

I added a few of those indexes that are placed before each section. However
I took care that it did not include words that needed translation (I
thought). So they include standarised terms like WMS, WFS, DXF, AutoCad
etc..

The big advantage is that jumping to a declared index before a section
brings you really to that section. If you use an inline index declared in
the text you will overshoot and end up below the text where the index was
actually declared. The problem is a bit bigger with current theme.

Regards,
Diethard.