[Qgis-community-team] trianingsmanual in branch + translations

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Nov 29 10:37:40 PST 2013

Hi,

we inserted the trainingsmanual into the documentation.

currently in a separate branch (plustraining), and visible here:

http://test.qgis.org/en/docs/training_manual/index.html

Some issues to sort out:

Translations:
- in QGIS-Documentation we do one .po file per .rst file
in the original training manual there is one .po file per chapter
also the paths in the .po files changed.
that makes it (I think) impossible to reuse the old po files.
if anybody knows a better solution then: open two po files in two
virtaals/linguists/* and copy paste the translated strings, please let
us know

Translations:
- I think only master documentations will have the training-manual. BUT
master is not being translated currently: only the 'manual_en_v1.8'
branch. We could copy the translation branch into that one also (and not
show it). In that way we can start using transifex

Localised images:
- the original repo had full copies of the resources (== images)
directories. We did not copy those. If the 'localisator' knows that
there are localised images into the tree, please let us know and we will
pull them into current tree.

docs/edu:
- we started to make training-manual a subfolder of docs, because it was
just handier. But we could still make it have it's own repo and copy it
in a edu folder or so.

styling:
- there are some styling changes. See:
http://test.qgis.org/en/docs/training_manual/introduction/overview.html