[Qgis-community-team] schedule for documentation

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Fri Sep 19 00:30:46 PDT 2014

On 19-09-14 08:50, Diethard Jansen wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I like to know the planned schedule for documentation. In which branch
> should we work and when will the translation of 2.2 end using transifex
>  and 2.4 begin.
>
> I expect on friday 26th of september after the freeze of QGIS, a new
> branch 2.4 will be created and shortly after transifex will be refreshed
> with 2.4. After that documentation work for 2.6 should continue in
> master. Is that correct?
>
> To help with documentation on the hackfest in Essen I expect that we
> should have the frozen nightly build of QGIS 2.5 installed? I am looking
> forward to participate in Essen!

Hi Diethard,

my personal opinion would be that we skip a 2.4 documentation version,
and based on QGIS 2.5/2.6 put all our energy in new screendumps/text on
a 2.6(!) documentation version.

Besides, because we appear not to have enough hands currently to keep up
the docs with every release of QGIS, we should maybe keep working with a
numbered schema, but in practice/website should only point to stable and
testing version of the doc.
Now some user are looking for 2.4 version of docs (which we just do not
have yet)....

Not sure if this would hurt people (for example educational users?).

See you in Essen \o/

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde