[Qgis-community-team] Is releasing QGIS Documentation still in the plan?

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 02:39:14 PDT 2018

Hi Harrissou,

thanks for raising this. I would say we really need more people working
on the documentation. I don't know how to find other contributors but we
have.

Just run

git shortlog -sn --after="2018-01-01"

and you can see that there are a few contributors for this repo.

IMHO now that images preview are visible in github there is easier also
for other people to contribute.

I cannot understand if there are some people out there that want to
contribute but the system "complexity" (git + sphinx + ...) blocks them
to do that.

Just thinking aloud: do you think that a short video tutorial could be
useful? We have a nice documentation for who wants to step in, but a
short and explicit video maybe is more sexy?

Thanks again for raising this

Cheers

Matteo