[Qgis-community-team] [Qt Linguist/ Transifex] "Dead Strings" - What to do?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sat Mar 23 16:48:54 PDT 2019

Hi João,

On Sat, 23. Mar 2019 at 23:27:23 +0000, João Gaspar wrote:
> An example:
> If I search for the file python-i18n.cpp in the GitHub repo of QGIS in the
> master branch I don't find this file. However, there are some strings to
> translate in the file of transifex (can be different from language to
> language and % of translation).

> Please correct me if i'm wrong.

A couple of files are generated when the ts files are updated - these contain
strings from the python code (ie. python-i18n.cpp), processing algorithms,
expression help etc.  So those aren't dead.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode