[Qgis-community-team] QGIS docs: Vanilla build & ReadTheDocs theme

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Wed May 29 12:46:20 PDT 2019

Hi all,

Le sam. 25 mai 2019 à 19:39, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> a écrit :

> Hi Richard,
>
> I think the ReadTheDocs theme is a huge improvement. Just comparing
> https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/loadlayer.html
> to https://qgis.org/test/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/loadlayer.html
> shows how much more readable the code samples are.

Indeed the difference is significant. I wonder if we should not use the
whole width of the screen in order to fully see codes and comments without
horizontal scrolling

> Are there any blockers to rolling it out?

I think the plan was/is to set a repository and have people test and report
issues (I have reported some in this thread) or pull request to ensure that
we lose nothing in the migration. IOW it needs some more testing and
feedback from community.

> Regards,
> Anita
>

> On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 6:23 PM Alexandre Neto <senhor.neto at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> That is good to know. we should had that xcode information to our writing
>> guidelines and Readme.
>>
>> Alex
>>
>> A seg, 18/03/2019, 16:40, Ian Maddaus <maddaus at protonmail.com> escreveu:
>>
>>> I've successfully built the new documentation using a Mac. A Mac user
>>> would have to install Xcode but that's not a big problem.

Ian do you think that you can spend some time on writing about this in the
readme? It could be nice we have instructions for macOS users.

Regards,
Harrissou