[Qgis-community-team] Testing documentation translation

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Sep 24 03:23:04 PDT 2020

On 9/24/20 10:20 AM, DelazJ wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Did you have time to look into this?
> I think the safest is indeed to remove the new files and upload the right ones. We'll probably lose some translations (though Transifex may probably keep memories) but it's worth it, IMHO.

Hi Harrissou,

I'm doing it now.

It is funny, because I am really 100% sure I ran all the commands in the 3.10 release branch (as the window was still open).

But I see in the (old) master version of .tx/config that there the server_manual files are in it. AND apparently I had those POT files in my locale folder or so... (AND pushed that config file to the wrong branch...)

Anyway, I now created the right 3.10 tx/config file again (which had almost no changes).
And pushed that version to transifex as source files, as I write this....

I see 8 server_manual related resources at transifex, but it is easier to just leave them there, I think (also because people are already translating).

About pushing current master version sources to Transifex... should we not push that as 3.16-version to transifex as soon as QGIS 3.16 is released (2020-10-23)?
I know it is not yet LTR immediately (that is 2021-02-19), but... let's serve the users the newest we have, 3.10 docs is sounding so 'old'...? Or is that silly to think?
What do others think?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde