[Qgis-community-team] Choropleth mapping

David Rhoads dgrhoads at dgrhoads.us
Mon Jul 12 18:23:33 PDT 2021

Folks:

Please help me.  I am very frustrated.  I recently downloaded the
current long-term release of QGIS (3.16.8).  Two of you kindly suggested
documentation to get me started.  One problem, the documentation does
not match the current shipping version of QGIS. In one case, the
documentation was for QGIS 1.  In the other case, while supposedly for
QGIS 3.16, the screens in the documentation do NOT match what I see in
my version of QGIS (I'm running Win 10).

I am starting with a series of districts in a county.  I want to do
choropleth mapping in those districts based on numeric values in a CSV
file.  I am able to load the two layers, the districts from an SHP file
and the numeric values from the CSV file and then to join them.  When I
try to generate the choropleth map, the name of the field containing the
numeric values does not show up when I click on the Symbology tab.  I
can see that field in several other tabs, but not in the Symbology tab.

I expect there is an easy solution to this, but so far it has eluded me.

Attached are the Project file and the CSV file containing the data
(Value-1) to apply to the polygons.  Join is done on the PrecinctID column.

David