[Qgis-community-team] Renaming Style Manager?

Jörn Gutzeit j.gutzeit at umwelt-it.de
Tue Jan 18 07:30:52 PST 2022

Hi,

I agree with Alex: don't want to add to the confusion, but doing it
anyway :-)

When I read it, I thought: right, also for me the word ‚style‘ means how
something looks and IMHO that is what is managed in the Style Manager.
And a QML file stores (by now?) more than that.

After thinking about it: for me, what is stored in a QML file is best
described as ‚Layer Properties Settings‘, but that's probably too long
;-) Could it just be called ‚Layer Properties‘ or ‚Layer Settings‘? I
prefer Layer Settings, then a QML file would be a Layer Settings File.

Jörn

Jörn Gutzeit Umwelt IT
Umweltdatenbearbeitung
Lothringerstraße 68