[GRASS-dev] Re: [Qgis-developer] QGIS Windows Snapshot - with WMS and SPIT

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Dec 9 08:01:03 EST 2006

HI Markus

Ill need to get back in to work to check on my linux box what version
is in the chroot for cross compiling. The current version of grass in
the windows build is just translocated binaries from that xcompiled
build set up by Radim - pending my ability to get grass to build
properly in msys. If a grass guru can help me get grass compiling in
our msys environment I would be happy to track the head version of
grass (or latest stable if you prefer) for the future releases.
Currently when I run configure I get:

checking for library containing cuserid... no
checking for xdrmem_create... no
checking for xdrmem_create in -lsun... no
checking for xdrmem_create in -lnsl... no
checking for xdrmem_create in -lrpclib... no
checking for xdrmem_create in -lxdr... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate XDR functions.

I configured using:

./configure --build=i686-pc-mingw32 \
        --without-curses \
        --without-jpeg \
        --without-tiff \
        --without-png \
        --without-tcltk \
        --without-postgres \
        --without-mysql \
        --without-sqlite \
        --without-opengl \
        --without-odbc \
        --without-fftw \
        --without-blas \
        --without-lapack \
        --without-motif \
        --without-freetype \
        --without-glw \
        --without-nls \
        --without-readline \
        --without-opendwg \
        --without-x

I have xdr installed in the msys environment here:

cria at NOTE3 /src/xdr-4.0-mingw2
$ make install
Creating RPC header directory
mkdir -p /usr/local/include/rpc && \
        chmod 755 /usr/local/include/rpc
Installing XDR header files
set -x;for i in rpc/types.h rpc/xdr.h ; do \
        (install -c -m 644 $i /usr/local/include/rpc) done
+ install -c -m 644 rpc/types.h /usr/local/include/rpc
+ install -c -m 644 rpc/xdr.h /usr/local/include/rpc
Installing XDR library
install -c -m 644 libxdr.a /usr/local/lib
ranlib /usr/local/lib/libxdr.a

Any hints would be greatly appreciated. The msys environment can be
downloaded at

http://qgis.org/uploadfiles/msys/msys.tar.bz2

If any grass gurus want to give it a go I would be most greatful for
the help. Because I havent uploaded my latest local copy of the msys
environment, note that grass needs to be updated from cvs there and
you may need to grab xdr from

http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/BuildingWindowsBinaryOnLinux?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=xdr-4.0-mingw2.tar.gz

Regards

Tim

On 12/9/06, Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it> wrote:
> [...]
> and add which GRASS version (with date) you used?
> We have fixed a lot of MingW problems lately, so
> it would be helpful to know that in order to better
> understand if you are looking at old or new problems.
>
> thanks
> Markus
>
> On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 07:50:06PM -0600, Tim Sutton wrote:
> > Hi Soren
> >
> > Thanks very much for the useful feedback. At this point I am still
> > using the grass modules from crosscompiled grass. Until I can get
> > grass to build natively under msys it will be difficult for me to
> > resolve these. Currently grass configure fails to find XDR rpc lib
> > even though I have sucessfully build and installed XDR.
> >

> > I'll try to work something out for though....
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Tim
> >
> > On 12/8/06, "Sören Gebbert" <soerengebbert at gmx.de> wrote:
> > >Hi Tim,
> > >thanks great work!
> > >
> > >I have checked the grass modules with the grass-test-suite.
> > >The result is available here:
> > >http://www-pool.math.tu-berlin.de/~soeren/grass/GRASS_TestSuite/html_win32/
> > >
> > >Here are some screenshots of the qgis-grass shell with some test-suite run
> > >results:
> > >http://www-pool.math.tu-berlin.de/~soeren/grass/modules/screenshots/Qgis_0_8_Grass_6_3_Mingw_TestSuite_general_db.png
> > >http://www-pool.math.tu-berlin.de/~soeren/grass/modules/screenshots/Qgis_0_8_Grass_6_3_Mingw_TestSuite_rast3d_vector.png
> > >http://www-pool.math.tu-berlin.de/~soeren/grass/modules/screenshots/Qgis_0_8_Grass_6_3_Mingw_TestSuite_raster.png
> > >
> > >Most of the modules are working well, only r3.info seems to have
> > >problems with windows.
> > >
> > >Best regards
> > >Soeren
> > >

> > >-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> > >Datum:  Fri, 8 Dec 2006 17:01:59 -0600
> > >Von: "Tim Sutton" <tim at linfiniti.com>
> > >An: qgis-developer <qgis-developer at lists.qgis.org>, qgis-user
> > ><qgis-user at lists.qgis.org>
> > >Betreff:  [Qgis-developer] QGIS Windows Snapshot - with WMS and SPIT

> > >--
> > >"Ein Herz für Kinder" - Ihre Spende hilft! Aktion: www.deutschlandsegelt.de
> > >Unser Dankeschön: Ihr Name auf dem Segel der 1. deutschen America's
> > >Cup-Yacht!
> > >

> > --
> > --
> > Tim Sutton
> >
> > Visit http://qgis.org for a great Open Source GIS
> > Home Page: http://linfiniti.com
> > Skype: timlinux
> > MSN: tim_bdworld at msn.com
> > Yahoo: tim_bdworld at yahoo.com
> > Jabber: timlinux
> > Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

> Markus Neteler  <neteler itc it>  http://mpa.itc.it/markus/
> ITC-irst -  Centro per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
> MPBA - Predictive Models for Biol. & Environ. Data Analysis
> Via Sommarive, 18        -       38050 Povo (Trento), Italy

Tim Sutton

MSN: tim_bdworld at msn.com
Yahoo: tim_bdworld at yahoo.com
Jabber: timlinux