[Qgis-developer] QGIS Preview Release 2

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Sep 15 08:45:16 EDT 2006

Hi

> - Does QGIS need QtOpenGL?  I just dumped all the Qt frameworks in my
> binary.

Currently no but in the future probably yes.

> - What about the Qt plugins?  How does the whole mess know where to
> find them?  I noticed you put imageformats folder (and just that)
> directly alongside bin/lib/share, while I dropped the whole Qt
> plugins folder in the QGIS app, to mirror how it is in the Qt
> installation.  Are any of the other Qt plugins needed (accessible,
> designer, sqldrivers)?

Currently no, but I think it would be good to assume that in the
future qt plugins (esp sqlite driver) will be used. Also if 3rd party
qgis plugin writers use qt plugins and want to slip them into your
package it would be good to have them available.

> - I missed the mapserver export tool.  Looks like it needs Python
> support, and I didn't do that either.  That was something new and I
> wasn't ready to mess around trying it.  I'll take a look at it later
> (probably after I get my MacBook back, and I may just rebuild the
> whole thing on my MacBook as a test).

There is an outstanding issue with the mac version of the mapserver
export tool on mac. The export tool is a standalone app ass well and
is placed into the qgis.app as another .app bundle. When it searches
for the plugin script path it is searching inside the msexport bundle
instead of the qgis bundle. It just needs some tweaking to the
makefile to set the PKGDATAPATH or py install path correctly....but Im
no auto guru and I got a bit stumped at this point....

Regards

Tim

> -----
> William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at kyngchaos.com>
> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>
> "Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
> least suited to do it."
>
> - A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Tim Sutton

Home Page: http://linfiniti.com
Skype: timlinux
MSN: tim_bdworld at msn.com