[Qgis-developer] QGIS Preview Release 2

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Sep 15 10:09:57 EDT 2006

On Sep 15, 2006, at 7:45 AM, Tim Sutton wrote:

>> - What about the Qt plugins?  How does the whole mess know where to
>> find them?  I noticed you put imageformats folder (and just that)
>> directly alongside bin/lib/share, while I dropped the whole Qt
>> plugins folder in the QGIS app, to mirror how it is in the Qt
>> installation.  Are any of the other Qt plugins needed (accessible,
>> designer, sqldrivers)?
>
> Currently no, but I think it would be good to assume that in the
> future qt plugins (esp sqlite driver) will be used. Also if 3rd party
> qgis plugin writers use qt plugins and want to slip them into your
> package it would be good to have them available.

What about the location of the Qt plugins?

I didn't notice, but is there an external QGIS plugins folder, like
in /Library/Application Support?  This (and a user's home/Library) is
where any 3rd party qgis plugins should go - bad form to alter an
installed application.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin