[Qgis-developer] installation of the qt_xx.qm files

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Wed Dec 5 16:15:05 EST 2007

Hi Marco,

I added the qt_xx.ts files from Trolltech in r6461 and Magnus added one
more in r6465. The only class I modified is QMenuBar because it contains
Mac-only strings which are sometimes untranslated.

Those files are all from Qt4.2. Qt4.3 contains three more languages that
we use and there may be new strings for all languages as well. Later
this evening, I will merge my QMenuBar strings into the latest qt_xx.ts
files and submit them to svn.

I also thought a little about a better place for the strings. I tried
putting the qt_xx.ts files in a different directory but the
update_ts_files.sh still finds them. My current idea is to add some code
to update_ts_files.sh to search for and delete the references in the
TRANSLATIONS section of the project file after it is generated by
update_ts_files.sh.

After solving the update problem, we should encourage our translators to
translate additional qt_xx.ts files and submit them to Trolltech too.

Tom