[Qgis-developer] QGIS 0.9.2 release plans (and new bug triage!)

lami at faunalia.it lami at faunalia.it
Fri Dec 7 11:11:00 EST 2007

> Hi All
>
> QGIS 0.9.1 is tagged and only work to do really on it is packaging and
> press releases which we are aiming to happen by Dec 10 2007 (early
> next week).
>
> Turning our release machine to 0.9.2 I want to keep the momentum and
> reach my release nirvana of a minor point release every two or so
> months. The 0.9.1 bug triage was a great success (70 bugs killed!) and
> so I've started a new triage page for 0.9.2 here:
>
> https://svn.qgis.org/trac/wiki/BugTriage0.9.2
>
> There are still some low hanging fruit in the bug queue so it will be
> really good to get rid of those first. I've also started a new release
> checklist:
>
> http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/ReleaseChecklist0.9.2
>
> and bumped the version numbers and splash in trunk up to 0.9.2. Could
> we hold another developers meeting next week to discuss plans for the
> 0.9.2 release. Currently there seem to be the following possible
> feature additions:
>
> - raster transparency branch merge
> - diagram branch merge
> - advanced editing merge
> - qml / default symbolisation (and some vector props dialog cleanups)
> - Jürgen was wanting to make some changes to CMake (use only relative
> paths for install prefixes)
> - I would like to start going through the dialogs and addressing
> consistency issues (label capitalisation and writing style, layout
> consistency, reduce unneeded popups etc). I wont have time to go
> through all dialogs, but I would like to start with the grass dialog
> (I've posted some thoughts on this to the list last month).
> - anything else?
>
> No doubt not all of the things above will make it into 0.9.2 but it
> would be good to get together and discuss what can / cant be done.
>
> Regards

Hi all,
I made some test on this release and I see that the mapcomposer has some
problems.
I can see the function icons on the top, the help and close buttoms on the
bottom but I can't see the layout area and the general and object menù.
All the center area is grey. So I can't use the map composer.

I see the same probelm in a little older Debian developer release.
I thinked it was a developer versione but when I see that this problem is
present also in this version I write about it.

Any ideas about this problem?

Regards
Leonardo