[Qgis-developer] Final Package creation for 0.9.1

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Dec 17 22:59:52 EST 2007

Hi All

My apologies for not getting back to those who created test packages
for 0.9.1. We have delayed making the final release pending Tisham
sorting out some win packaging issues and me getting some release
admin procedures sorted out. As of this release, the procedure for
release will be:

1) Create release branch
2) Packaging only commits go to that branch while packagers make test packages
3) Tag the branch
4) Make branch and tag read only to prevent further commits to those areas

As such I have now completed step 4 in the above process and would
like to ask everybody who has so kindly created packages to freshen
them so that when we announce the release, all packages will be using
a common revision number (which will make tracking bugs easier among
other things). To get the tagged version to build your package please
do:

svn switch https://svn.qgis.org/repos/qgis/tags/Release-0_9_1-Final

or

svn co https://svn.qgis.org/repos/qgis/tags/Release-0_9_1-Final

which should give you r7804

Once your packages are build, please notify me and Gary and we will
get them copied onto the dowload.qgis.org page. To avoid duplication
of effort, please check the release checklist at:

http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/ReleaseChecklist0.9.1

To see who normally builds for each platform. If you are making
packages for an unlisted platform, please contact me so that I can add
your name to my list.

I will be out of contact from this Friday till Jan 02 2008 and would
like to make the press announcements before the end of this week so we
can give the starving (for QGIS) masses something to install on their
computers this xmas.

Best regards

--
Tim Sutton