[Qgis-developer] Mac OSX - Clean machine setup issues

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 04:11:55 EST 2007

On 2/5/07, Tom Elwertowski <telwertowski at comcast.net> wrote:
> Martin Dobias wrote:
> > I've added the paths so you shouldn't need to specify GSL_CONFIG,
> > GDAL_CONFIG and GRASS_PREFIX on Mac anymore.
>
> -- Found Proj: /Library/Frameworks/proj.framework
> -- Found Sqlite3: /Library/Frameworks/sqlite3.framework
> -- Found GEOS: /Library/Frameworks/geos.framework
> -- Found GDAL: /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so
>
> The latest change still finds the library even though the framework is
> present. Also, the library filename is libgdal.dylib not libgdal.so.

CMake searches first directories in PATH, then the additional
specified directories - that's why it has chosen GDAL in /usr/local in
your case. Regarding dylib/so - are there both of them or only .dylib?

> It now will find /Applications/GRASS.app but will not find (if
> /Applications/GRASS.app is removed) /usr/local/grass-6.2.1 which I think
> is standard for a self-built GRASS.

Adding /usr/local/grass-6.* directories to search path shouldn't be a
big problem also, however it would be needed to be checked with a
wildcard since there are more possible versions.

Btw. I've seen a commit from you to correct python bindings for mac -
do they build and work correctly for you?

Martin