[Qgis-developer] 0.8.1 release plans (and Mac OSX Build issue)

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Fri Feb 9 17:00:12 EST 2007

Tim Sutton wrote:
> Tom I am having a small problem building under Mac OSX with the cmake
> build:
>
> Linking CXX shared library libqgis_core.dylib
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _CFRelease
> _CFURLCreateWithBytes
> _LSOpenCFURLRef
> _kCFAllocatorDefault
> /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
>
> I recall we had the same problem before but I cant remember how we
> resolved it :-(

It looks like the build process has decided you are not running on a Mac
and is therefore not adding Mac libraries to the link process.

When using the Qt pre-built binaries with the old build system
(--with-qtdir=/usr/local/Qt4.2), you need to create three symlinks in Qt4.2:

ln -s /usr/bin /usr/local/Qt4.2/bin
ln -s /Library/Frameworks /usr/local/Qt4.2/lib
ln -s /Developer/Applications/Qt/plugins /usr/local/Qt4.2/plugins

Tom