[Qgis-developer] printing issues

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sun Jul 22 11:17:44 EDT 2007

Hi

Just briefly tested print composer in 0.9 after Steven's fixes, in
regard to what issues were problematic IMO. Read more below.

> Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> 1. in the map composer, line widths in the legend and in the map happen
> to not correspond to each other

Fixed! In the output PDF line widths in the legend and on the map
correspond perfectly. This is a very important fix. Thanks a lot!

However, either in "cache" or "render" mode in the *map composer* line
widths on the legend and on the map *do not correspond*. On the legend
it's always thicker.

> 2. labels placement and size in the map canvas not always corresponds
> to that in the map composer and printout

Still valid. See the following attachments:

labels_mapview.png
labels_composer.png
labels_pdf.png

They show how the labelled points look in the QGIS map view, map
composer and in the output pdf, respectively. Each looks much
different. Could it be at least fixed so that the view in the map
composer and the resulting pdf looked similar?

> 3. vector point symbols get rasterized in the printout

Still an issue. Is it fixable?

> 4. irregular letter spacing in the printout

Still the case. See the attachment spacing_pdf.png. Moreover, layer's
name is to close to categories' names below, overlapping it a bit.

Also, in the composer *the very same legend* before printing to pdf
looks completely different (font_composer.png) and rather corrupted.
Can this avoided? What's strange, if I zoom in in the map composer once
or twice, the legend's font starts looking same as in target pdf, hmm.
The same problem applies to scalebar.

Another, smallish, issue which remains is that the default font size
for legend "6" is always too small too be any readable. I guess
defaulting to at least 8 is a better idea.

Cheers
Maciek