[Qgis-developer] Vector edits with different projection

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Tue Jul 24 01:33:09 EDT 2007

Marco,

I was using base NAD 83 clipped 24k topos from http://
keck.library.unr.edu. The base map for this test shapefile is Gold
Point SW. The shapefile, in nad27, is attached. I made the shapefile
in 0.8.1, then opened the project in 0.9 to test some more. Of
course, the bug persists where none of my layers show in 0.9 without
turning them on and off, but that is another issue.

You are correct that it is handling well in 0.9. I do not have the
unusual offset, but I do get white boxes drawing over the underlying
topo when I try to do moves. The question now becomes which of those
is harder to deal with, but I thank you for the response. I hope this
helps.

Cheers,
John Tull