[Qgis-developer] Minimal requirements

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 18:25:46 EST 2007

On Nov 11, 2007 6:33 AM, Aaron Racicot <aaronr at z-pulley.com> wrote:

> - For QT4.3.X you need a PyQt that is compatible... i.e. PyQt4.2.x will not
> work.

Hi Aaron,

is there any particular problem why PyQt4.2.x wouldn't support Qt4.3.x
? From the first sight it looks like that it shouldn't be a problem
since PyQt4.2.x should use only subset of Qt API that was present in
Qt4.2.x - or am I wrong?

> Also, Riverbank states that "Note that we only test against the latest
> stable version of Python and the latest stable version of Qt."  They also
> ship their binary installer of PyQt for Win requiring Python2.5.

I expect that although they test only against latest stable version of
Qt, PyQt should generally work with all older versions of Qt4 (in case
it's built from source). You can see some conditional declarations in
*.sip based on Qt version that  should allow flawless compilation with
older Qt versions.

Martin