[Qgis-developer] installation of the qt_xx.qm files

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Thu Nov 29 08:03:39 EST 2007

Hi Tom,

Thanks for clarification. In this case your suggestion of merging the content
of the qt_xx.ts files into the qgis_xx.ts ones seems to be a good solution.
Also, there are languages supported by qgis that have no corresponding
qt_xx.ts file. Those would also suffer from the problem with the menu
placement.

> Is there some way to remerge the qt_xx.ts files for each Qt
> release such that we pick up new strings without losing our modifications?

The only thing that comes to my mind is to do some scripting. Maybe someone
has a better idea?
Also if someone creates the qgis_xx.ts file for a new language, it would be
good to have a script that creates it (and automatically merges modified qt
strings into it).

Regards,
Marco

--