[Qgis-developer] reprojection on the fly bug on last svn

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Sun Apr 13 07:23:57 EDT 2008

Hi Leonardo,

You are right, this is an important bug.
Tracing it down with the debugger, I think it has something to do with the
functions OSRExportToProj4  and OSRImportFromProj4. It seems as if a part of
the last string is still stored somewhere.

The workaround I commited to svn is to delete and recreate the reference
system in QgsSpatialRefSys::operator=

Regards,
Marco

Am Freitag 11 April 2008 09:43:26 schrieb Leonardo Lami:
> Hi all
>
> I find a bug about the reprojection on the fly tool.
> Really the bug is on the management of the projection associate to the
> vector that you can change from label 'General' in the vector property
> windows.
> If you click on 'Change' button, you choose a new projection an then
> press 'Ok' you can see that the new associated projection seems a mix of
> the old and the new projection...very strange thingh...
>
> So when you try to reproject on the fly the result is wrong.
>
> I see the bug on Debian and Ubuntu distribution on svn 0.9.2~rc20080401-1.
>
> I think this is an important function and  it is necessary to fix the
> bug before the next release.
>

> Thanks of all
>
> Regards
> Leonardo