[Qgis-developer] Plugin tweaks

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Sat Dec 20 05:18:36 EST 2008

2008/12/15 Borys Jurgiel <borys at wolf.most.org.pl>:

> Exactly. They are required. Two further methods are optional but desirable:
>
> authorName
> homepage

 I strongly recommend that authorName be compulsory, since it's
important that questions about plugins go to the right person.

 Packages for R have a compulsory 'Maintainer' field, which gives an
email contact for the current release, and an 'Author' field which
credits all the people involved (and doesn't need to be emails, just
names). Do we want to copy this idea for Qgis plugins? It may seem
trivial now, but when the mailing lists are swamped with people asking
questions about unattributed plugins....

Barry