[Qgis-developer] Re: themes in the Grass plugin (r9900)

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sun Dec 28 03:14:57 EST 2008

Hi

When I tested with your r9862 change below, it didnt pick up my grass
'gis' theme icons.

If we are going to go the non qrc route we will need to change all the
plugins to install their icons into

<CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX>/share/qgis/themes/<foo theme>

The qrc approach is kinda nice in that it makes the plugins self
contained. Its also possible to combine the two approaches - look in the
qrc file for the theme icon and if its not there look in the file based
themes dir, and if its not there either fall back to the default icon.

Regards

Tim

On Sat, 2008-12-27 at 13:51 +0100, Borys Jurgiel wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> I believe the qrc file for GRASS plugin is redundant now since I've swithed to
> reading the png files in r9872:
>
> -  QString myPath = ":/" + QgsApplication::themeName() + "/grass/" + theName;
> +  QString myPath = QgsApplication::activeThemePath() + "/grass/" + theName;
>
> and
>
> -  QString myDefaultPath = ":/default/grass/" + theName;
> +  QString myDefaultPath = QgsApplication::defaultThemePath() + "/grass/"
> theName;
>
> This fix allows the use of themes not compiled into QGIS but installed
> separatelly.

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting & Support Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net