[Qgis-developer] rasterdataprovider roadmap?

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 17:18:54 EST 2008

In the past days I've begun "studying" qgis source code, to understand
the raster subsystem. I've seen that it is mostly included in the
"core/raster/" folder code, dedicated to the reading (and a certain
manipulation) of gdal supported formats. In fact the
"rasterdataprovider", at this moment, is a wrap on gdal methods, and
the only exported ability is "Identify". Now that qgis 1.0.0 is out,
are you considering to put the hands on the raster system, to
update/improve it? Is the creation of a generic raster data provider
system (like for vectors) in the main roadmap?

thanks and bye,
Giovanni