[Qgis-developer] [Fwd: Gusty update problem]

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Jan 8 07:11:49 EST 2008

Hi

Sorry if I ever replied to your last email  - I lost track of where I
was in the conversation thread :-)

Ok so an oooolder deb on your system may explain it because the newer
ones all install to /usr not /usr/local.

Did you ever build yourself from source? Either way you will need to
clear out the qgis files from your /usr/local tree. I think if you do:

sudo rm /usr/local/bin/*qgis*
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/include/qgis
sudo rm /usr/local/lib/*qgis*
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/share/qgis

You should get it all removed. Please note the above commands perform
wildcard and recursive deletes on your system as root. Please check
carefully before you issue them and I dont take any responsibility if
something bad happens.

Regards

Tim