[Qgis-developer] Openmoko (was: Qgis api windows ce)

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Jul 25 02:57:15 EDT 2008

Hi Joseph & Godofredo

Regarding this thread, I am wondering how practical it is to do an 'as
is' port to these small form factor devices. Surely it would be better
to:

 - identify which features you would require
 - create a trimmed down user interface using libqgis_core & libqgis_gui

We could support such a minimalist UI within SVN itself (e.g.
src/lite) and have a cmake directive to either compile the 'fat'
application of the 'lite' one. On the desktop platform I have already
been involved in making a few 'lite' QGIS applications that use the
core QGIS, a couple of plugins and maptools. Its not difficult to do
and would probably make using QGIS on such a device a more palatable
experience.

Is there any possibility of obtaining a development Openmoko unit
running Qt4 for the QGIS project? Perhaps there is a software only
emulator? If so I would be interested in taking a deeper look...

Regards

Tim