[Qgis-developer] Wrote a FindByAttribute python plugin

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 09:20:47 EST 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Michaël Douchin
<michael.douchin at laposte.net> wrote:

>  The best thing to do : BACKUP your data before any non trusted action. This
> way, no worries to have !
>
>  Martin says we have no ressources for checking each plugin.. Why not
> organize a "week of test" for each new python plugin before "allowing" it to
> be avaible for download in the repository. I think we are enough people in
> this mailing list to quickly check each plugin ?
>  Am I dreaming or does it sound realistic ?

In my opinion, even if we organize such weeks of test, it will not
help a lot. And how to do exactly the test - just trying to run the
plugin or doing code review? Moreover take in account: when a
developer produces an update, should we test it again? Some plugins
might release new versions quite often...
B, to prevent yourself from running some dangerous or malicious you
should check who's the author and how confident are you that he won't
try to do harm to your computer.

Martin