[Qgis-developer] ideas for developpers

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon May 19 10:26:56 EDT 2008

Hi

> * Wouldn't it be interesting to organize (at least a little) the plugin menu
> ? mine begins to be very... large ! For exemple, we could organize like
> - vector objects oriented plugins
> - database oriented plugins
> - raster oriented
> - import/export
> - selecting
> - statistics...

I am addiing filtertering by plugin name as part of my gui revision
(will be available in head in a few hours). Grouping by category may
come later if I have time.

> * and about the plugin manager : adding a column to know the installed
> version of the plugin (like some linux package manager), in order to compare
> the version number, and to know if the plugin needs to be re-installed ---
> and perhaps a warning when there is a new version of a plugin

The plugin description layout is changing so there will be no more
columns. Im not sure if this check for updates feature will be
available for QGIS 1.0 but its certainly a good idea for the future.

Regards

Tim