[Qgis-developer] Ogr drivers to be bundled?

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue Apr 28 19:27:05 EDT 2009

Hi

On 24 Apr 2009, at 1:03 AM, godofredo contreras wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I want to ask about the ogr drivers that are going to be included in
> Pan and Kore releases?
>
> Also if there are any plans to bundle ogr oci, ogr sde, gdal sde,
> gdal oci, gdal ecw, gdal jpeg2000 jasper and gdal mrsid.
>
> I`ve seen other opensource projects like ms4w bundling those drivers
> as deactivated gdal plugins and providing instructions to activate
> the drivers and instructions of how and where to obtain the sdks and
> dlls for those people interested. Is possible to do this with Qgis?.

Yes we will probably need to follow this route - I would love to
include these dll's by default but it looks like we may run into legal
troubles if we do. We can try to one by one approach vendors and seek
permission to include there dll's in out binary bundles - though I
suspect this is not very GPL friendly so we may run into problems
there...

Regards

Tim