[Qgis-developer] Re: symbology-ng build

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 03:39:56 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 2:40 AM, John C. Tull<jctull at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is great progress. I am able to get the symbology classified and used
> on a quick test of a roads file. I did not play around with creating new
> symbols. Labels do not appear to be working. I did not see an option for
> labels following lines, etc. I assume that is still underway, perhaps
> lacking the appropriate means to enact this via the properties dialog.
> Choosing to display labels and selecting a name field did not produce any
> labels on the canvas.

John,

I guess you've been setting labeling in the vector layer properties
dialog, right? The new labeling engine based on PAL is currently
available as a plugin: enable it in the plugin manager. Then you'll
get "ABC" icon on the toolbar, clicking it will allow you to set
labeling properties for current layer.

Later I'd like to move the code to core library and the labeling
settings will be available directly from layer properties dialog.

Martin