[Qgis-developer] XML Metadata editor Plugin - FYI

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 12:19:30 EST 2009

Hi Alex,

> Just wanted to let the devs know, for a class project my group is
> developing a new plugin to edit xml metadata files commonly included
> with shapefiles according to ISO 19115:2003 and FGDC(past and upcoming)
> standards.

As several others have mentioned, this is an extremely useful
contribution, and I look forward to seeing what your group comes up
with. I can't stress the importance of meta-data enough, so a tool to
properly manage it is extremely helpful. Also, the fact that you are
going to keep the format ISO compliant is great, nothing worse than a
bunch of meta-data that no-one can access/use ;-)

Good luck,

Carson

--
Carson J. Q. Farmer