[Qgis-developer] Xcode project in qgis svn

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Feb 16 23:04:03 EST 2009

On Feb 16, 2009, at 9:39 PM, John C. Tull wrote:

>> but I'm not sure if the portion under "Adding core/gui/app moc
>> sources" is necessary or not. That's where I'm at right now.

This is necessary, because of the convoluted nature of the generated
sources.  Filling it out with reasoning is certainly a good idea.
Short answer: Xcode needs _files_ in a target compile step, so
generated sources need to be "pre-generated" to get the file
reference.  I tried to do it with custom rules (moc, ui, qrc directly
in the compile step), but Xcode wanted to re-compile them even when
nothing changed.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy