[Qgis-developer] Xcode project in qgis svn

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Mon Feb 16 23:27:33 EST 2009

On Feb 16, 2009, at 8:04 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> On Feb 16, 2009, at 9:39 PM, John C. Tull wrote:
>
>>> but I'm not sure if the portion under "Adding core/gui/app moc
>>> sources" is necessary or not. That's where I'm at right now.
>

> This is necessary, because of the convoluted nature of the generated
> sources.  Filling it out with reasoning is certainly a good idea.
> Short answer: Xcode needs _files_ in a target compile step, so
> generated sources need to be "pre-generated" to get the file
> reference.  I tried to do it with custom rules (moc, ui, qrc
> directly in the compile step), but Xcode wanted to re-compile them
> even when nothing changed.

I managed to get a build from trunk with one problem reported here:
http://rafb.net/p/a7vdJR82.html

I did not do anything with the core/gui/app moc sources myself, so I
am assuming that the project automagically takes care of this issue.

A key to helping was Gary's suggestion to place the xcode project
inside the mac folder within the trunk directory, i.e. 'sources/qgis/
trunk/mac/xcode. This allowed the sources to be found without having
to load them into the project.

This is very useful. Thanks for the excellent work!

John