[Qgis-developer] Xcode project in trunk

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Mon Feb 23 23:59:40 EST 2009

On Feb 23, 2009, at 7:57 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

>> Ok, now I've actually tried again to build using your latest svn
>> code. I was hoping to report the error I was having last week, but
>> now I have a ccache error cropping up repeatedly:
>>
>> error: can't exec '/Developer/Library/Xcode/Plug-ins/GCC
>> 4.0.xcplugin/Contents/Resources/ccache gcc' (No such file or
>> directory)
>>
>> Any ideas on how to circumvent this problem?
>>
> Sounds like something seriously wrong with your Xcode installation.
> I don't have a "ccache" in my installation, so something is
> mistakenly trying to find it there. In fact, I can't find a ccache
> anywhere on my drive.  Which target is the error in?

William,

The ccache error is triggered in everything that is trying to be
built, but I worked around the problem. I had manually installed
ccache (http://ccache.samba.org/), so I disabled it (I had set
CC='ccache gcc' in my profile, so unset this). All builds now.

Back to the compile... Using qt-4.5, everything builds and runs. These
are the errors that I received using the latest source. We already
covered them in emails last week and know that they relate to the help
manual:

xcodebuild -project Qgis.xcodeproj | grep error
PBXCp build/leo/Release/Qgis.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/themes/
classic/grass/grass_module_error.png ../../src/plugins/grass/themes/
classic/grass_module_error.png
     /Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DevToolsCore.framework/
Resources/pbxcp -exclude .DS_Store -exclude CVS -exclude .svn -strip-
debug-symbols -resolve-src-symlinks /Users/jctull/sources/qgis/trunk/
mac/xcode/../../src/plugins/grass/themes/classic/
grass_module_error.png /Users/jctull/sources/qgis/trunk/mac/xcode/
build/leo/Release/Qgis.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/themes/classic/
grass
PBXCp build/leo/Release/Qgis.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/themes/
default/grass/grass_module_error.png ../../src/plugins/grass/themes/
default/grass_module_error.png
     /Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DevToolsCore.framework/
Resources/pbxcp -exclude .DS_Store -exclude CVS -exclude .svn -strip-
debug-symbols -resolve-src-symlinks /Users/jctull/sources/qgis/trunk/
mac/xcode/../../src/plugins/grass/themes/default/
grass_module_error.png /Users/jctull/sources/qgis/trunk/mac/xcode/
build/leo/Release/Qgis.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/themes/default/
grass
PBXCp build/leo/Release/Qgis.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/
plugins/plugin_installer/qgsplugininstallerpluginerrorbase.py ../../
python/plugins/plugin_installer/qgsplugininstallerpluginerrorbase.py
     /Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DevToolsCore.framework/
Resources/pbxcp -exclude .DS_Store -exclude CVS -exclude .svn -strip-
debug-symbols -resolve-src-symlinks /Users/jctull/sources/qgis/trunk/
mac/xcode/../../python/plugins/plugin_installer/
qgsplugininstallerpluginerrorbase.py /Users/jctull/sources/qgis/trunk/
mac/xcode/build/leo/Release/Qgis.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/
python/plugins/plugin_installer
PBXCp build/leo/Release/Qgis.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/
plugins/plugin_installer/qgsplugininstallerpluginerrorbase.ui ../../
python/plugins/plugin_installer/qgsplugininstallerpluginerrorbase.ui
     /Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DevToolsCore.framework/
Resources/pbxcp -exclude .DS_Store -exclude CVS -exclude .svn -strip-
debug-symbols -resolve-src-symlinks /Users/jctull/sources/qgis/trunk/
mac/xcode/../../python/plugins/plugin_installer/
qgsplugininstallerpluginerrorbase.ui /Users/jctull/sources/qgis/trunk/
mac/xcode/build/leo/Release/Qgis.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/
python/plugins/plugin_installer

Thanks,
John