[Qgis-developer] icons

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Jan 2 14:20:37 EST 2009

2009/1/2 Robert Szczepanek <robert at szczepanek.pl>:
> Hi Tim and John,
>
> Cytowanie "John C. Tull" <jctull at gmail.com>:
>
>> I would second Tim's sentiments on this. Those icons are very non-
>> intuitive for me as well. I keep thinking of upload/download icons in
>> an sftp-type client.

 I just had a quick google for 'save icon floppy disc' and found that
the Tango desktop icons use a hard drive and an arrow - see here:

http://bootstrapping.wordpress.com/2007/05/23/the-save-icon/

 there's lots of other talk on the blogosphere about it, some people
saying 'keep the floppy icon' and some saying to kick it out, and a
zillion comments on an article on slashdot from 2004 that you
shouldn't waste your time reading.

 There's also an argument for getting rid of save icons and
encouraging people to hit Ctrl-S....

Barry