[Qgis-developer] python plugins development and setWhatsThis

Maxim Dubinin sim at gis-lab.info
Sun Jan 18 22:05:16 EST 2009

Hi all,

I'm scribbling down in an attempt to teach myself a little
python plugins building and encountered several things, that I'm not
getting right so hope you can help me out. Those should be really easy
questions to answer:

1. docs
Looking for something ready I've encountered this [1], which is quite
outdated, as using old API (getMainWindow and such). The same problem
is with [2], which I can fix if there are no objections. But before, should we save it
as "before QGIS 1.0" version?

2. self.action.setWhatsThis("Configuration for test plugin")
Seems like setWhatsThis is not working for Python plugins, is it
so? I failed to find any changes regarding setWhatsThis.

Maxim

[1]https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/browser/docs/trunk/english_us/user_guide/plugins_writing_in_python.tex
[2]http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/DevelopingPluginsWithPython