[Qgis-developer] mapserver plugin

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Jan 26 15:22:24 EST 2009

Hi Martin

On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 17:10 +0100, Martin Dobias wrote:

8<------snip---------------

> Tim,
> I agree with your points. I just want to point out possible problems:
> what will we do if some plugins won't be maintained anymore by the
> original authors? Keep them in trunk and fix the bugs or remove them
> from trunk?

Yup - this is a general problem that applies to C++ code too. We have to
balance this with providing QGIS with a set of features that enables
people to get real work done in QGIS. I dont know an easy answer to this
but my feeling is that the default QGIS install should provide somewhat
more than it has now, but somewhat less than everything & the kitchen
sink. That said, your suggestion below seems worth a try.

> IMO we could do a snapshot of official plugins repository on every
> release. They can be appended to windows installer and distributed as
> a separate package on linux systems.

Ok +1 for me I'm willing to give your suggestion above a try if others
are...

> Martin

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting & Support Services